Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gentle Reminders




Sometimes I find myself a bit disappointed by the fact that Julie and I were unable to find a house this summer (at least one that we could afford). I look around our 900 sq ft. apartment and wonder when....if we will be in a home. The checks Julie and I bring home are enough to live on, but the math just does not seem to work out in order to buy a home.
The dark days of winter are upon us, which usually are difficult for me to meander through, but just the other day, as I sat at our dining room table, the blessing poured to me in the form of a sunrise. Here is the view I saw out of my apt. window.
May God remind you daily that your needs are taken care of the disappointments of the day can be washed away with the next mornings sunrise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is awesome how God gives us those gentle reminders that He is watching over us and He loves us. Wondeful story!

mike said...

Jim,

Thanks for the reminders! Jaci and I are constantly reminded that God is the one who determines our every step.

Hope you had a nice Christmas season!
Go Seahawks?!