Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall update

Our sweet first born is now 3 years old! I can't believe how much in our lives have changed over the past three years and how much Micah has morphed into a fun, little boy. His blossoming personality and incessant talking makes us laugh and, at times, makes us wonder why we ever longed for him to start talking.:) Like most three year olds, he loves to pretend play with his trucks, doctor's kit, animals, or grocery cart/food. I get the biggest kick out of listening to his inner dialogue as he talks through each move.

He is also thoroughly enjoying school, which he attends two mornings a week. Hearing all the great stories of craft-time, snack-time, play-time and circle-time assures me that this two and three year old class at our church is a perfect fit for Micah. Early Sundays mornings, Micah returns to church for Jim's praise team practice. While Jim is rehearsing, Micah sits in the pew with a small instrument in hand (drum, piano, microphone, etc.) and plays along with them. Sunday mornings are a highlight for this budding musician and his father.

Elise is growing like a weed. At her 6 month appointment, she was in the 60th percentile for height and the 10th for weight. We are blessed with another happy, easy-going baby! Elise loves to watch her brother and laughs at the funny faces and sounds he makes. She rolls all over the floor, is learning to sit up by herself, and is getting her first tooth, which explains why she chews on EVERYTHING that comes near her mouth. Knowing that she is our last, helps me to appreciate each stage more than I did with Micah. I am treasuring each little milestone Elise meets.

This month we were visited by Auntie Kandi, my childhood best friend, Kandi's mom, my mom, and Kristi Gertner, another one of my mom's friends. They are all from La Grande, OR, where I grew up, and were in the area visiting a relative. Our moms have known each other since high school, and Kandi and I and Kristi's son were born just months apart and literally grew up together. Although their visit was short, it was packed full of funny childhood stories, family updates, and photo shoots. Below is a picture of our moms fixing lunch at my house(some things never change)and Kandi holding Elise. Fall is the perfect time to reconnect with old friends!




1 comment:

Duece said...

hey guys,

Just enjoyed catching up on your lives. It definitely has me longing to rejoin my family again.
Great to hear that Jim's involved in Sunday worship and that Micah is too! Someday hopefully that'll be me again.

I think it'd be so great if we could hook up again sometime in the coming years. Perhaps the North South Trans-Rockies cycle of hope...lessness....

Why stop at 2 kids? Oh wait, I forgot how OLD Jim is, good plan, don't want to wear him out more than he already is...;-)

Chris