Friday, February 22, 2008

Dedicated to D.C.

At the risk of being labeled as a "flag waver" by our friend Chris Duester, Julie and I visited our nation's capitol during the past week. Bush was gone to Africa, so our 24 hour protest vigil of the Iraq war, lack of universal health care and No Child Left Behind Act fell on deaf ears. We did meet some very nice conscientious objectors and are now full fledged members of....well I can't say on this blog as I am sure my posts are now being monitored due to that little scrap with the Secret Service.
Besides the White House, we visited free monuments, free museums and the free zoo.
We also took this opportunity to leave Micah for our first overnight trip. He was a champ and didn't even realize we were gone. On the other end of the country, Micah's mother and I noticed every small child and wondered what Micah was doing at that very moment. We missed him but do have to note that traveling is so much more serene without a small one to feed, change, entertain etc...

Just before we left for D.C., we finally had Micah dedicated. Unfortunately, the pictures did not come out, but many family and friends joined at First Pres. which was a blessing for us. Most of all we were excited to finally verbalize our commitment to raising Micah in the knowledge of the Lord.

He has shown the O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of thee....Micah 6:8

Here are some pics of our trip. Viva la USA






3 comments:

mike said...

Hey guys! Looks like you had a good trip. I am impressed that you were able to get away!
We need to talk sooon.

Blessings,
Jaci

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Duece said...

flag waver? I think it's only annoying when it's done out of an inherent insecurity about one's country in comparison to a neighbouring country (read between the lines...), or when it's done in an arrogant, brash and cocky manner. Anyhoo, I think you're safe.

As for DC. Nice trip. I've always wanted to go and visit the Smithsonian, being the history nerd that I am. As for swimming in 12C water...that's not fun. But, I bet it's heaps more scenic than the red sea!!

cd